• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What would be the best setup for Prenolepis Imparis ants

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline koko - Posted August 30 2017 - 8:06 AM

koko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey everyone,

I recently got my hands on two Prenolepis Imparis queens that have already laid eggs and have had workers hatch. What would be the best nest and outworld setup for these ants to be successful long term? 

Any and all help would greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

#2 Offline Loops117 - Posted August 30 2017 - 8:55 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

Since P.imparis doesnt actually create hanging repletes, a standard test tube setup would do perfect. As for your outworld, i would go with something that has open space.

• FeedTheAnts likes this

#3 Offline koko - Posted August 31 2017 - 11:01 AM

koko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for the reply! Is there anything more specific to know in terms of temperature, outworld environment , do they go into hibernation or estivation? Thanks Again!  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users