• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello from western WA.State

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline artbilly - Posted June 11 2016 - 12:07 PM

artbilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationArlington, WA.

Hello all,

My name is Arthur, but i go by Art; I am new to ant keeping, pretty much within my first month; I currently live in western Washington state. I have caught my fair share of Camponotus spp. queens, about 20 or so, during our last 85 degree days just before the recent rains. I look forward to learning as much as i can from everyone, and hopefully one day i will be able to help people in return. I have a few species on my list that i want to keep, Aphaenogaster being at the top of that list, and Solenopsis molesta also being near the top, but i know that in all due time i will be able to catch the ones i want. I plan to get good at both species and queen identification by going out and getting some real hands on experience. Also, with that being said, I will offer up any extra queens to anyone who is having a tough time catching queens themselves. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. 

respectfully,

Art

#2 Offline Confrere - Posted June 11 2016 - 12:34 PM

Confrere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Welcome! I'm just north of the border from you. 

#3 Offline artbilly - Posted June 11 2016 - 9:19 PM

artbilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationArlington, WA.

Thank you; one of my good friends, the one whom got me into this hobby, lives up there too.

#4 Offline LC3 - Posted June 11 2016 - 9:22 PM

LC3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Welcome to the forum. Also greetings from across the border above you as well. :lol:

#5 Offline dspdrew - Posted June 12 2016 - 12:03 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Welcome. :)

#6 Offline artbilly - Posted June 12 2016 - 7:50 AM

artbilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationArlington, WA.

Thank you!

#7 Offline WeatherAnt - Posted June 12 2016 - 9:49 AM

WeatherAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Greetings from eastern WA state! 

#8 Offline Ant Broski - Posted May 23 2017 - 5:36 PM

Ant Broski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationNormandy Park, WA

Hello all,

My name is Arthur, but i go by Art; I am new to ant keeping, pretty much within my first month; I currently live in western Washington state. I have caught my fair share of Camponotus spp. queens, about 20 or so, during our last 85 degree days just before the recent rains. I look forward to learning as much as i can from everyone, and hopefully one day i will be able to help people in return. I have a few species on my list that i want to keep, Aphaenogaster being at the top of that list, and Solenopsis molesta also being near the top, but i know that in all due time i will be able to catch the ones i want. I plan to get good at both species and queen identification by going out and getting some real hands on experience. Also, with that being said, I will offer up any extra queens to anyone who is having a tough time catching queens themselves. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. 

respectfully,
Art

Welcome to Formiculture. I live south from you in Seattle area :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users