• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[Phoenix]' Carebara Sp. [Last Updated: 05/30/2017]

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline Phoenix - Posted April 10 2017 - 9:14 AM

Phoenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Date: 05/29/2017 - 05/30/2017 [South-East Asian Time]

After Much Despair, And Jealousy; I've Finally Obtained Myself, A [Carebara Sp.] Queen. I Located Her, Clinging Upon A White Pillar Located Outside The 'Hot Spot' - A Bank Which I Usually Frequent For Queens. I Was Simply Stunned, I Initially Thought That My Mind Was Intoxicated, But Upon A Double-Backtrack - It Was Proven Otherwise.

I've Also Found Another Queen, Same Species I Believe. But She Was Deceased By That Time, Probably Due To An Idiot Stepping On Her. Regardless, I Was More Than Grateful; Since At Least I Was Able To Acquired One. It Was Around The Standard Night Search, In Which I Found Them - 7:30 P.M. ~ 9:00 P.M. Considering That Other Carebara Queens Might Fly Soon [Where I'm Situated At, I Know They've Flown Already], I've Decided That They'll All Be Included Onto This Single Journal; Provided I Attained More Of Them First.

Queen 01 - Image

The First Carebara Queen That I've Ever Caught, It's Interesting To Note That; At Far Glance, She Looked Completely Black. But Upon Closer Inspection, Revealed That Her Thorax Was More Of A Darkish-Purple. She Also Has Yellowish Hair Strands, From Head To Gaster. She's Longer Than 1.5 Centimeters, Definitely More Than 2 Including Her Wings.

Unlike Most Queens Which I Usually Housed, Who Would Usually Trash About As Soon As They Were Tubed. This Queen Didn't Exhibit Such Behavior, In Fact She Seemed Calm & Relax Regarding The Whole Situation. Even Big-Waved Vibrations Never Seemed To Bother Her, At All. I'm Wondering Whether She's Too Exhausted To Fight Back - Since The Winds Here Were Fierce, Or Perhaps It's More Of A Trait In Her Respective Species.

EDIT: Anyhow, I'll Be Sure To Keep You All Updated With Her Progress.

Edited by Phoenix, June 8 2017 - 8:41 AM.

Colonies

Camponotus cf. albosparsus — Journal

Camponotus cf. auriventris — Journal
Camponotus sp.
Colobopsis spp.
Crematogaster sp.
Nylanderia sp.  Journal
Pheidole cf. parva
Solenopsis geminata — Journal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users