• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Is this a good setup for a Pseudomyrmex Gracilis queen?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline TooManyAnts - Posted April 11 2017 - 8:59 AM

TooManyAnts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

uEyKAuG.jpg  

Since i know that she needs to forage, i put a capri sun straw near/under the cotton. Does that work?

#2 Offline AntswerMe - Posted April 15 2017 - 7:28 PM

AntswerMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida, United States of America
Seems well enough. Just make sure the straw itself is wide enough for her to fit through, and it should be good. Also make sure she can navigate to the small opening in the straw to get out.

Edited by AntswerMe, April 16 2017 - 8:30 AM.

#3 Offline SirAnticus - Posted April 15 2017 - 11:30 PM

SirAnticus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationSoCal

It would be better if you cut a small hole on a cap to screw on to those threadings. What is that by the way.

#4 Offline Vanko - Posted April 16 2017 - 1:03 AM

Vanko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationPlovdiv, Bulgaria
You do not need that much water for a queen. 4-5 milliliters should be enough.
😛 🐜 😛

#5 Offline TooManyAnts - Posted April 16 2017 - 3:13 PM

TooManyAnts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

!!UPDATE!! 

A tragedy has happened...the queen died by getting stuck and drowning in her drop of honey :\. Luckily, there area few wild (invasive, maybe, since i live in north florida) colonies in my backyard and at this park i know, so i may be able to find another queen.  

It would be better if you cut a small hole on a cap to screw on to those threadings. What is that by the way.

What do you mean, the cotton? 

Edited by TooManyAnts, April 16 2017 - 3:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users