So a couple of weekends ago I went on a hike up the trails. One thing I learnt is I will never be short on finding Prolasius again. Every rock I turned over has a colony under it.
So using a home made puter, I sucked up 2 queens from a 5 queen colony, some eggs, 20-30 workers and put the rock back. Also on my hike I thought I found a small nest of what I think is Pachycondyla castaneicolor. It was in a semi rotten log that was too hard to break apart in the field. So broke it up enough to take home. But it was just a satellite nest, or the queen was deeper underground, as I only got about 40 workers and some eggs. Which I am keeping to see what they are like to keep. So far they seem to die like flies. . The entomylogist I emailed to, says he had no luck with them, with the queens dying in 24 - 48 hours.
Anyway, onto the P. Advenus.
So the original 4 queen colony, always seems to be stressed. Always tightly huddled, any vibration on the table panics them, etc. So I got some red celaphane to cover my modules to keep them happier.
I have also got some new outworlds laser out of perspex for all of them. So this is the current setup:
Since that picture, I have added some soil to the bottoms of the containers, a little to much to one of them, as in one corner it is about 8mm deep, which apparently is deep enough for them to decide to dig a nest in. I'm not too concerned, as I'll just let the soil dry out.
But happier news, the stressed colony has appeared to of laid some eggs :
So, I'm pretty happy with that.