• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ethanol for Pinning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Nathant2131 - Posted March 6 2017 - 12:16 PM

Nathant2131

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationDracut, Massachusetts

Can someone suggest to me a good site that supplies 95% Ethanol for ant collection, and eventual pinning? Looking into pinning as I am getting very interested.  :clever:

#2 Offline Bracchymyrmex - Posted March 6 2017 - 3:45 PM

Bracchymyrmex

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania

Carolina Biological is a great place for all items science related. I can spend hours on their site. Here's a link to the ethanol they sell, it's 95% laboratory grade and $6.20 for 500mL surface price, I do not know about the shipping or taxes. 

http://www.carolina....61.pr?question=

Edit: check out their living organisms, they sell beetles....

Edited by Bracchymyrmex, March 6 2017 - 3:46 PM.

#3 Offline Nathant2131 - Posted March 6 2017 - 4:13 PM

Nathant2131

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationDracut, Massachusetts

Carolina Biological is a great place for all items science related. I can spend hours on their site. Here's a link to the ethanol they sell, it's 95% laboratory grade and $6.20 for 500mL surface price, I do not know about the shipping or taxes. 

http://www.carolina....61.pr?question=

Edit: check out their living organisms, they sell beetles....

Thanks! Have you had experience with this site before?

#4 Offline Bracchymyrmex - Posted March 6 2017 - 4:57 PM

Bracchymyrmex

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania

I worked in a lab that ordered many supplies from the site, great quality merchandise.

• Nathant2131 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users