• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Updates for my stuff and habitat being worked on.. some suggestions though?

update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline CamponotusLover - Posted March 3 2017 - 1:39 PM

CamponotusLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

UPDATES:

As suggested by Loops117 I got some things as he told me to do when I told him I was going to hobby lobby, thank you loops117. http://imgur.com/a/Eftb5

Turned out very nice.

Also picked up some nice new test tubes since most are dirty and I won't want to hurt my ants or take chances by washing them out, and I can only imagine when I check my ants there will be mold. http://imgur.com/a/dD4Eu

some more things I got from hobby lobby V

?ui=2&ik=299adeb0d9&view=att&th=15a95fd7?ui=2&ik=299adeb0d9&view=att&th=15a95fd7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so!!!!!!! I got all that stuff to use, now the questions..

Should I wake my ants up now? Should I wait a few more days till a nice day comes since this years winter in my state was PATHETIC and they might not have been hibernating for like a month. Or should I just check them and come back and ask you all?

Second question, should I just... Get some dirt from outside and put it in the oven and bake it?

Thanks!

Also what types of things should I make in the see through things? 

Formicarium?

Outworld?

Formicarium with a outworld ontop?

Suggestions please!

Also check this out! A little formicarium I made a little over a year ago.  With no hydration though....

Edited by CamponotusLover, March 3 2017 - 2:03 PM.

• CrazyLegs likes this

#2 Offline CrazyLegs - Posted March 3 2017 - 1:44 PM

CrazyLegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationVerrierdale, Queensland, Australia

I don't know the details of proper hibernation being from down under. Have a search around the forum it's teeming with ideas.  :) 

#3 Offline MrPurpleB - Posted March 3 2017 - 1:47 PM

MrPurpleB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Looks like a neat design. 

#4 Offline CamponotusLover - Posted March 3 2017 - 1:48 PM

CamponotusLover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

I don't know the details of proper hibernation being from down under. Have a search around the forum it's teeming with ideas.  :)

Yeah.. Its just my case is a bit different. Thanks alot for the advice though!

Looks like a neat design. 

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users