I found an iPhone earphone case, then a thought come to my mind. This well made material could be useful as a formicarium, so here goes.
I used a hot needle and melt a hole in the cover. Field tested and it was proven that the fattest worker can squeeze through the hole.
The colony was already too large to transfer easily at this point, therefore I calmed them down a bit by freeze them. Relocated or dumped them seems be relatively easy and smooth, didn't have enough time for a good photo before they woke up though.
Put the cover on, the colony woke up fine.
Edited by antmaniac, February 11 2017 - 12:46 AM.