• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Youtube is restricting EVERYTHING!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted December 24 2016 - 11:40 AM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

Earlier today, I found a new Ants Canada video in my subscription feed, but when I tried to watch it, the video appeared to be restricted and had to be "approved" before I can watch it (at least, that is what the error message said). This appears to be affecting about 90% of the content on my feed. what is going on and can I stop this?

#2 Offline Kevin - Posted December 24 2016 - 12:01 PM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

YouTube made a new T.O.S preventing a lot of content recently, like 1 curse word in a video = demonitization, and is giving people rewards to report videos. In mikey's new video, he fed a dead hamster and stuffed cockroaches to his fire ant colony. To bypass restriction, sign in to your Google/Youtube account.

Edited by Kevin, December 24 2016 - 12:01 PM.

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#3 Offline dermy - Posted December 24 2016 - 2:28 PM

dermy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationCanada

I'm so glad to see that youtube is even starting to mess with ant people haha. A new low. Oh well They'll get destroyed soon enough by something else 3:)

Edited by dermy, December 24 2016 - 2:29 PM.

#4 Offline Kevin - Posted December 24 2016 - 3:27 PM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

I'm so glad to see that youtube is even starting to mess with ant people haha. A new low. Oh well They'll get destroyed soon enough by something else 3:)

Dermy, vid.me will never prosper. 

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#5 Offline dermy - Posted December 24 2016 - 4:15 PM

dermy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationCanada

Dermy, vid.me will never prosper.

I doubt they will overtake youtube, but at least they are competing with them, trust me I've been on there long enough to see the amount of changes/work the admins have put in. There is a lot more stuff happening then what viewers see :P

You also need to know youtube wasn't built in a day, they've have a lot of time [10+ years] of growing and stuff to become what they are today. 

Edited by dermy, December 24 2016 - 4:21 PM.

#6 Offline MrUrrutia - Posted December 25 2016 - 2:52 PM

MrUrrutia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

I was able to watch the video with the dead hamster without problem, but I have notice some content here and there being deleted or restricted...

This is kind of strange because the other day I have to ask my son to stop watching a video on youtube of a guy playing and doing a "review" of a game because in reality he was just yelling "F(bomb), F(bomb)" back to back without adding any to what he was describing... I check who was running the channel, and I found that it's a "Famous YouTuber" who upload videos of him playing different games and just keep screaming while playing... YouTube access it's now limited to videos that do not contain bad language and provide some interesting details, not just a guy doing some stupid challenge, or "playing" games!

• Martialis likes this

"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?"

-The First History Man

#7 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted December 25 2016 - 6:08 PM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado

I was able to watch the video with the dead hamster without problem, but I have notice some content here and there being deleted or restricted...

This is kind of strange because the other day I have to ask my son to stop watching a video on youtube of a guy playing and doing a "review" of a game because in reality he was just yelling "F(bomb), F(bomb)" back to back without adding any to what he was describing... I check who was running the channel, and I found that it's a "Famous YouTuber" who upload videos of him playing different games and just keep screaming while playing... YouTube access it's now limited to videos that do not contain bad language and provide some interesting details, not just a guy doing some stupid challenge, or "playing" games!

Let me guess... PewDiePie :) I hate that dude
  • dermy likes this

YJK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users