• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Static

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline BMM - Posted November 10 2016 - 6:16 AM

BMM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

So I've been using PETG tubing to create some small soil based formicaria. Yesterday when I was taking a bit of food out of one, I noticed that one of my Tetramorium workers made an impressive leap. Nearly a half inch. I watched her for a few seconds and all seemed normal. When I went close the formicarium up, I noticed another one did the same thing. After thinking about it for a second, I realized that static was grabbing the ants and throwing them around. Would this sort of static have any negative effects on ants? They seem fine otherwise.

• Loops117 likes this

#2 Offline drtrmiller - Posted November 10 2016 - 6:58 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
I've observed this also. It will discharge eventually. No worries.
  • Loops117 likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users