• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ant Hill ID

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted July 6 2014 - 2:33 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I did not put this in the Ant ID Requests, because it is only an anthill, but I want to know at least what genus of ants made this anthill. It is about 10 miles northwest of Phelan, CA. It is the largest anthill I have seen in person. I suspect it is Pogonomyrmex, or some other seed harvesting genus of ants, because around the dirt mound, there are seed shells and other plant debris anyone have any idea? - It was a hot day, so there was no sign of any ant going in or out of the nest...

gallery_114_224_69685.jpg

Edited by Gregory2455, July 6 2014 - 2:35 PM.

#2 Offline dspdrew - Posted July 6 2014 - 5:50 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Messor pergandei.

#3 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted July 6 2014 - 7:56 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Thank You! I was just curious what it was...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users