• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

ytong

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ParaStatic - Posted July 4 2014 - 7:44 AM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA
Anyone know of a location in the states the sells ytong or manufacturers it? Have a design in mind for great capillary water absorption I want to try with it.
Owner and operator of Ant-topia, find me on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/ant-topia

#2 Offline dspdrew - Posted July 4 2014 - 10:09 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

This question has been asked time and time again, and the answer is always "nope, nobody here sells it." I am looking into it a little more, because with all the different manufacturers and names for AAC, it gets really confusing.

#3 Offline Mathiacus - Posted July 4 2014 - 3:46 PM

Mathiacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

I have found hebel usa. or this might help. www.e-crete.com just google autoclaved aerated concrete. there are a bunch of usa suppliers. ytong is a brand, like hebel. the product you want is AAC (autoclaved aerated concrete)

Edited by Mathiacus, July 4 2014 - 3:51 PM.

#4 Offline dspdrew - Posted July 4 2014 - 3:51 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Yeah, I've checked them out before. The main problem I run into is that unless you have a forklift and want to pay a LOT of money for freight costs, you won't be getting anything from them.

#5 Offline Mathiacus - Posted July 4 2014 - 4:03 PM

Mathiacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

:( it was worth a shot. they are about 6kg each. ill look up shipping costs. I may be able to send block by block at cost..

#6 Offline Mathiacus - Posted July 4 2014 - 4:06 PM

Mathiacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

oh! I could send 3... for $82!! that is not an option!

#7 Offline ParaStatic - Posted July 5 2014 - 2:13 PM

ParaStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Yes not very productive sending aac in the mail, haha.

Owner and operator of Ant-topia, find me on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/ant-topia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users