• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello from Italy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline kakkak11 - Posted October 21 2016 - 8:02 AM

kakkak11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi, my name is Mark, and I always wanted to build an ant farm when I was younger, but when i tried to search for a queen i never found it. Today, almost 8 years passed, but my interests did not change much, I am 19 at the moment, and I actually think i FINALLY found one, actually, They found me, as they were walking under my feets at the park, i found three of them (whatever they may be - and they were MUCH larger than the other ones surrounding). I'm here because  I need help and suggestions to keep them as well as possible, and i am afraid they will die, so i do not have enough time to look for all the clues i need, such as identifying the species.... i will post a thread soon with some photos in it, help is welcome :D. Hope for this to be a great and teaching adventure!     :blush: :P

• Enderz likes this

#2 Offline CallMeCraven - Posted October 21 2016 - 9:32 AM

CallMeCraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationElko, NV

Welcome! I saw you ant ID post and tried to help. I am sure others will be along to give a more accurate ID than my novice one :D. Hope you like it here and good luck with your anting adventure!

Current Colony:

4x Camponotus (hyatti?)

Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left.

-Aldo Leopold

#3 Offline kakkak11 - Posted October 22 2016 - 6:24 AM

kakkak11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Welcome! I saw you ant ID post and tried to help. I am sure others will be along to give a more accurate ID than my novice one :D. Hope you like it here and good luck with your anting adventure!

Thanks. looking forward to it!  B) :lol:

#4 Offline Crystals - Posted October 22 2016 - 8:12 AM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationAthabasca, AB (Canada)

Welcome!

You may find this thread very helpful - http://www.formicult...of-handy-links/

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

List of Handy Links   (pinned in the General section)

My Colonies

#5 Offline Enderz - Posted October 22 2016 - 8:59 AM

Enderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Thanks. looking forward to it!  B) :lol:

dang he's using drew's emoji xD

:morning:  :hot:  :hot:  :hot:

Ex igne et in infernum. 

#6 Offline Leo - Posted October 22 2016 - 5:05 PM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

have a good time