• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Good Semi-Claustral Setup?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Iddizy - Posted October 11 2016 - 8:38 PM

Iddizy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I'm currently housing 4 pogonomyrmex californicus in this setup they are in a dark drawer with a 15W heating cable and 9/10 way covered with a top for each outworld seeds are dropped in a little corner for them. If I could change anything to make it better for them please let me know. Temp is constantly 78-85 none have laid eggs yet. Have had them for 2 Days

Images
https://imgur.com/gallery/Ffakw

#2 Offline Ntume - Posted October 11 2016 - 9:52 PM

Ntume

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
You do not want to heat up their water reservoir. You can also drop in 2-3 fruitflies defrost or pre killed) once per week.

#3 Offline CallMeCraven - Posted October 12 2016 - 3:27 PM

CallMeCraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationElko, NV

Your set up seems fine to me, just keep her well fed. I wouldn't worry about your heating cable being near the water, it won't get it that warm. It may force you to move her to a new set up because of increased water loss, but that will still take a while.

Current Colony:

4x Camponotus (hyatti?)

Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left.

-Aldo Leopold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users