• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Kevin - Posted July 9 2016 - 2:38 PM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Hello! My name is Kevin and I (obviously) recently joined the forum. I just got into ant keeping and I have one queen, yet to be identified.  I am working on 3D Modeling some formicariums, and plan to give out some of the plans for a couple simple ones. I want to make a store here soon and sell some formicariums for the cheapest I can make them worth my time and money, so I can get more people into the hobby. So far, I've been designing a expandable formicarium, with multiple custom pieces that are all inter lockable, a formicarium that is split into 4 squares that can be printed on small printers, and one small sized solid formicarium. I want to design a nest that will be usable for a founding chamber and can have gates lifted throughout it to expand the nest for new workers. I want to make my experience and others' a good one, and hope to seeing everyone around the forum!

PS: If anyone is wondering, I'm the the South Jersey area.

• drtrmiller and ctantkeeper like this

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#2 Offline Reacker - Posted July 9 2016 - 3:43 PM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFree State of Greater Potatonia

Welcome aboard. 

You might try contacting MrILoveTheAnts, a user on this forum. He's in South Jersey as well, and he seems to usually be up for communal anting trips with people.

#3 Offline Crystals - Posted July 14 2016 - 11:34 AM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationAthabasca, AB (Canada)

Welcome!

You could do a home based business on the side quite easily.  Demand fluctuates by a wide margin throughout the year, but the slow times allow you to catch up.

You may find this link interesting - http://www.formicult...of-handy-links/

You can also update your profile to add your location if you like.  Future and current members can search through other members by location with the member search engine.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

List of Handy Links   (pinned in the General section)

My Colonies

#4 Offline Okeedoke22 - Posted July 14 2016 - 5:11 PM

Okeedoke22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationNew York City
Welcome.

I'm in New York City not that far from South Jersey.

Prenolepis Imparis

Tetramorium Sp. E

Crematogaster
Brachymyrmex Sp.

Lasius Claviger 

#5 Offline Kingjay - Posted July 14 2016 - 9:25 PM

Kingjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCharlotte,nc