I've recently developed an interest in ant-keeping and I have caught what I think is my first queen ant... but at the same time I am not sure. Can you please help ID?
1. Location of collection: WA State, USA
2. Date of collection: May 23rd, 2016
3. Habitat of collection: Wooded type area with walking pathways, found on hard pavement between 2 grass areas
4. Length (from head to gaster): Slightly more than 1/4 inch (approx.)
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Black
6. Distinguishing characteristics: Not sure
7. Anything else distinctive: Not sure
8. Nest description: Unknown
If it's not a queen ant, I will release it back around where I found it. Please see the attached pictures (sorry for the picture quality but I hope you guys can make something out).
Thank you for your help!