• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello from nor-cal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Typo--29 - Posted May 16 2016 - 4:39 PM

Typo--29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello I tried ant keeping last year after reading some of this forum and learning a lot from all of it however I thought only one queen would be good enough and she died before her first nanitic eclosed. This time I captured 8 and I'm fairly sure they are some type of camponotus

#2 Offline JediPeaceFrog - Posted May 16 2016 - 5:15 PM

JediPeaceFrog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMontana
Welcome. Good job on 8 queens! I'd be happy with one.

#3 Offline Typo--29 - Posted May 16 2016 - 5:34 PM

Typo--29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Well I kinda live in the perfect area I'm way up in the sticks where there are tons or wild colonies. I also have a lot of planters to check under (within 2 days after a rain I found my 8 they seem to love to just crawl under the planters) since I rent so I can't put my garden in the ground

#4 Offline Confrere - Posted May 16 2016 - 6:19 PM

Confrere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Weclome! I made the same mistake when I was starting out, it's better to have more when you aren't sure of what you are doing. 

#5 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted May 23 2016 - 11:24 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Welcome.

#6 Offline Crystals - Posted May 26 2016 - 9:30 AM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationAthabasca, AB (Canada)

Welcome!  :D

Where abouts are you located?

You may find this link interesting for a rainy day - http://www.formicult...of-handy-links/

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

List of Handy Links   (pinned in the General section)

My Colonies

#7 Offline Typo--29 - Posted May 26 2016 - 10:17 AM

Typo--29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Up in the mountains near chico and thanks lol that was one of the first things I looked through when I started on here I have a plan to make a square 360° view grout nest with a plaster water chamber in the middle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users