• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Update on my failed hibernation

update

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsMAN - Posted April 18 2016 - 2:53 PM

AntsMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

So far so good. Meal worm farm took off to, so plenty of food.

I have the Camponotus pennsylvanicus in a homemade wooden nest. They really seem to like it, and no mold yet. I added heat cable to all but the Lasius and they are loving it. I hydrate the nests and feed them every three days and give them a good selection on different foods.

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2090.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

The Camponotus noveboracensis are doing really well. I have one in a THA Talus and three in dish's with test tubes for now.

IMG_2113.JPG

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2204.JPG

The Formica is doing good to couldn't get a good picture, they are easily scared. They are also in a THA Talus.

IMG_2196.JPG

The tiny Lasius sp isn't doing very well. I have two in test tubes doing the same, only 3-4 workers and a few eggs. I tried adding heat cable and they hated it. I feed them in the test tube with tin foil, they don't react like the other Lasius colony I had before.

IMG_2084.JPG

Current queens/colonies

Camponotus novaeboracensis x2

Camponotus pennsylvanicus x2

Camponotus herculeanus x1

Formica sp. x1

Lasius americanus x1  (Lasius alienus)

Lasius neoniger x1

Crematogastor cerasi x1

Myrmica sp. x1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: update

0 user(s) are reading this topic