• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Anyone have Temnothorax for sale? (no longer needed)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 9 2016 - 9:52 AM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

I can't drive, so couldn't get far past Irvine/orange county or where dad wants to drive to. So a warning there.

But, I'm looking for a Temnothorax colony (the acorn ants). Anyone by chance have one for sale?

Edited by Vendayn, January 13 2016 - 9:32 AM.

#2 Offline Forestflamboyant - Posted January 10 2016 - 8:34 PM

Forestflamboyant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSonora

Howdy! I'm the GAN farmer from Sonora CA, I just sold an advanced Temnothorax sp colony two weeks ago. I'm technically out of stock. I do come across these quite a bit in my area that I collect in and have local nests in my very backyard. I'm very fond of the species because they are not very demanding very easy to keep and very prolific. I happen to have a colony right now that I am keeping for myself that is an advance colony that makes alates and has two working queens about hundred workers. I still have it in a test tube right now which they have mined the cork stopper and is part of their nest now in a tubberware outworld. I just haven't time to find a cool setup for them yet and was waiting until spring, This is particularly very valuable to me being a GAN because I can split this colony if I want and raise the alates every year to sale. If you would like to chat about it or be placed on a waiting list please contact Mikey @ Ants Canada. Keep in mind that you would also have to find your way to Sonora when ready.Thanks!

Regards

Bill

#3 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 10 2016 - 9:47 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
I live in Orange county. Pretty sure I will never get driven that far. :P looking at google maps, you are in northern california by san francisco. farthest I can go is Riverside or San Diego. Maybe los Angeles.

#4 Offline Forestflamboyant - Posted January 12 2016 - 10:31 PM

Forestflamboyant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSonora

Howdy! Do you ever take vacations with your family? Say around Yosemite national park?

#5 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 13 2016 - 9:34 AM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

No, we don't really ever get up there.

But with that said, I'll be buying a different ant species from someone. So I won't be buying Temnothorax. But, thank you for taking the time to respond. :)

#6 Offline Foogoo - Posted January 13 2016 - 10:38 AM

Foogoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Howdy! Do you ever take vacations with your family? Say around Yosemite national park?

Is there a good time/place around Yosemite for Temnothorax? They seem like a really interesting species!

Camponotus vicinus, Crematogaster 1, Crematogaster 2, Formica francoeuri, *, *, Myrmecocystus testaceus, Novomessor cockerelli, Pheidole hyatti, Pogonomyrmex californicus, Pogonomyrmex rugosus, Solenopsis invicta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users