• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Escaped ant gets into trouble in record time (cw: sad spider catching ant video)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline futurebird - Posted March 20 2024 - 6:11 AM

futurebird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationNew York City, NY

This ant escaped when changing their sugar feeder. I TRIED to get her to go back. She was too fast.

I was torn. Ended up putting the half-mummified ant in with her sisters who are trying to free her. But I think the spider bit her. She might not make it.

This has got to be some record for getting in to trouble on your own. She had 3 min of freedom. Dottie (a different ant) lived on the lamb for 2 weeks and made it home...

https://www.youtube....rts/VXtYIdR-RP8

They are still trying to free her, but have pulled her into their sandcastle to work in private.

I gave the little house spider a fruit fly.

... I have sometimes fed house spiders to the ants, they love them and it's good nutrition for ants... If she wasn't alone this couldn't have happened. I really tried to get her to go back in, but she was being very fast and sneaky...

We have a whole circle of life thing on this book shelf.

Starting this July I'm posting videos of my ants every week on youTube.

I like to make relaxing videos that capture the joy of watching ants.

If that sounds like your kind of thing... follow me >here<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users