• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello from Houston TX

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline JesseTheAntKid - Posted December 12 2023 - 4:32 PM

JesseTheAntKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Hi,

My name's Jesse. I'm just a 12 year old boy with a passion for ants and ant keeping. If anyone could give me tips on keeping Pheidole dentata, that'd be great.  :D

• 100lols and Yourbasicantkeeper like this

Currently keeping: Pheidole obscurithorax (FINALLY I CAN STUDY THEM AND HAVE THEIR COOL MAJORS  B)), Tetramorium bicarinatum, Solenopsis spp. (probably xyloni, the queens are tiny hehe)

Wanting: Atta texana, Camponotus planatus (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HOOK ME UP WITH ATTA)

Previously kept: Monomorium minimum, Pheidole dentata

"ATTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" -Me

"AAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -Even more me

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"- Me personified

#2 Offline antsriondel - Posted December 13 2023 - 8:07 AM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationRiondel British Columbia Canada.

Welcome to the Forum! There are plenty of journals on the forum about P. Dentata but this is the one I would recommend checking out: https://www.formicul...eidole +dentata I hope this helps.

Edited by antsriondel, December 13 2023 - 8:07 AM.

#3 Offline JesseTheAntKid - Posted December 13 2023 - 3:40 PM

JesseTheAntKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Welcome to the Forum! There are plenty of journals on the forum about P. Dentata but this is the one I would recommend checking out: https://www.formicul...eidole +dentata I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Currently keeping: Pheidole obscurithorax (FINALLY I CAN STUDY THEM AND HAVE THEIR COOL MAJORS  B)), Tetramorium bicarinatum, Solenopsis spp. (probably xyloni, the queens are tiny hehe)

Wanting: Atta texana, Camponotus planatus (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HOOK ME UP WITH ATTA)

Previously kept: Monomorium minimum, Pheidole dentata

"ATTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" -Me

"AAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -Even more me

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"- Me personified

#4 Offline rptraut - Posted December 13 2023 - 10:30 PM

rptraut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
Hello JesseTheAntKid;

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for telling us a little bit about yourself. I think I was about eight or nine when I realized I had a passion for ants but I never mastered the keeping part. Now, 60 years later, I’m finally able to keep the colonies I wished I had when I was a kid. I hope you have as much fun with yours in your lifetime as I’ve had with mine these past few years. There are ups and downs, successes and failures, but that is the way of nature and life. Good luck in the future!
RPT
  • 100lols likes this
My father always said I had ants in my pants.

#5 Offline Yourbasicantkeeper - Posted December 14 2023 - 3:37 PM

Yourbasicantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationSan Carlos, California

Hi,

My name's Jesse. I'm just a 12 year old boy with a passion for ants and ant keeping. If anyone could give me tips on keeping Pheidole dentata, that'd be great.  :D

Hi Jesse, I'm also 12! Pheidole is on my wishlist, and I love their big heads! Congrats!

Edited by Yourbasicantkeeper, December 14 2023 - 3:44 PM.

"I am here on Earth, and I am only a speck of sand in the desert, a blade of grass in a field. I am no greater than any one of these busy ants who build for each other's comfort. " - King Solomon

Currently keeping: Myrmecocystus Depilis, Pogonomyrmex Rugosus

Wishlist: Camponotus Ocreatus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users