• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Colony getting too big - Suggestions for which nest to move up to

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Rice - Posted August 18 2023 - 7:56 PM

Rice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Hey everyone, been a while. 

So my C. Vicinus colony is doing really well in their THA fortress right now, to the point where there's easily 200+ at a conservative guess and they're starting to get crammed together. Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable step-up for them? I was considering another THA nest but those are much more expensive than I remember, so if possible I'd be interested in an alternatives. I have a flexible budget, and ideally I'd be looking for a nest that can hold 500-1000 workers no problem. Outworlds aren't an issue, I was planning on making my own.

By the way, do Vicinus from Southern California usually have satellite nests or take extra queens?

Thanks

#2 Online ANTdrew - Posted August 19 2023 - 2:16 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,418 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Contact UtahAnts:
https://www.formicul...st&fromsearch=1
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users