• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello from Italy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Mr.Fish - Posted August 11 2023 - 12:01 AM

Mr.Fish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGenoa, Italy
Hi everyone, I'm just a guy from Genoa, Italy and I've been wanting to get into antkeeping for a while now, then after reading a bit and watching some videos, I decided I'm gonna finally do this.
Right now I'm in Piedmont (a northern Italian region), I've got some basic gear with me and I'm trying to catch some queens to start a colony (even tho I'm not sure about what I'm exactly doing).
I currently have one unidentified queen in a small test tube setup and I'm soon going to post an ID request in the appropriate forum here, hope everything goes well.
I'm still extremely new to all of this and I hope to have a fun time and learn a lot about antkeeping from you all.

• ANTdrew likes this

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted August 11 2023 - 2:33 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,418 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Welcome to FC and good luck!
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline Yourbasicantkeeper - Posted August 11 2023 - 6:43 AM

Yourbasicantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationSan Carlos, California

Welcome to formiculture! Italy has a lot of amazing and interesting ants in store for you!  :yahoo:

"I am here on Earth, and I am only a speck of sand in the desert, a blade of grass in a field. I am no greater than any one of these busy ants who build for each other's comfort. " - King Solomon

Currently keeping: Myrmecocystus Depilis, Pogonomyrmex Rugosus

Wishlist: Camponotus Ocreatus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users