• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Virginia ID help.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Virginian_ants - Posted July 4 2023 - 2:57 PM

Virginian_ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA
I have some colonies and queens that I do not know the exact species of. I want to sell them and it would be easier if I know the exact species. If you want a different angle tell me and I will try my best. The habitat is a deciduous forest unless stated otherwise.

Ahaenogaster probably Rudis. I can't remember when I caught these queens it was either last year or before that.
IMG_20230704_182204879.jpg
IMG_20230704_182114317_HDR.jpg

Parasitic Lasius sp. I have two, the other with a more orange-ish thorax if you think it may be a different species I will post a photo. There are some workers of I think this species around my house, I can post a photo if you want one. Caught yesterday.
IMG_20230704_182553032.jpg

Nylanderia I think Faisonensis. Caught a few days ago by my little brother.
IMG_20230704_182419937_HDR.jpg
Pheidole I think fallax group dentata or morrisi. One caught yesterday another caught a week ago in my room.
IMG_20230704_182324873_HDR.jpg

Thanks In advance for anyone who helps ID these ants.

Edited by Virginian_ants, July 5 2023 - 5:13 AM.

#2 Offline Virginian_ants - Posted July 8 2023 - 2:15 PM

Virginian_ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA
One of the parasitic queens died so I pinned her. It was the first time pinning so it's not good I will post a picture soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users