• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntPerson76's Tennessee ant journal/observations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntPerson76 - Posted June 15 2023 - 5:58 AM

AntPerson76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD

I've been waiting to go to Tennessee for my vacation for a long while now. I have family there so it's an annual thing. Tennessee is always fun, especially because there is a creek near our house. I like to go down there and look for ants sometimes, so I'm excited to post all my observations and findings about ants near my house in Tennessee! I'm leaving tomorrow and I can't wait! I'll post right away after I find something interesting. I also might catch and raise queens that I find and set them free when I leave. I'll be there for 4 and a half weeks. 

• Ernteameise and liamsantics like this

#2 Offline AntPerson76 - Posted June 19 2023 - 3:52 AM

AntPerson76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD
I found tons of cool stuff here in Tennessee. First off, I found a massive colony of parasitic Formica which I can't remember the species name. I found a few campnototus chromaiodes colonies and a few Formica pallidefulva and Formica subsericea. I also found a huge pheidole dentata colony and a small pheidole tysoni one. Not to mention the countless lasius colonies. Another thing I thought was cool was a solenopsis geminata mound. Hopefully I catch something soon. I'll post when I have more cool observations to say!

#3 Offline AntPerson76 - Posted June 24 2023 - 3:42 PM

AntPerson76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD
Me and my friends went up to Kentucky for a climbing and camping trip in red river gorge and I've found some pretty cool stuff. Lasius (niger?) are flying here and there lots of campnototus chromaiodes which I would love to find a queen of in three weeks when I return to Maryland. Tommorow I drive back to Tennessee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users