• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

One more for SC 5/28/22

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Tai_pan1 - Posted May 28 2022 - 4:37 PM

Tai_pan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationGoose Creek, South Carolina, USA

Found this one under a brick that was holding my portable basketball net in place.  I looked at her with my loupe that I use for coins, and I can see hairs all over her body.  The antenna do not appear to “break” like the other ants.  She’s maybe an eighth to 3/16 of an inch.

Attached Images

• 92A59F4B-EC41-43CC-AEEE-35B697AE5370.jpeg

• FloridaAnts likes this

#2 Offline FloridaAnts - Posted May 28 2022 - 5:01 PM

FloridaAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Male Solenopsis invicta, determined by small head, big eyes, and straight antennae are some basic features.
  • Tai_pan1 likes this

#3 Offline Tai_pan1 - Posted May 28 2022 - 5:15 PM

Tai_pan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Male Solenopsis invicta, determined by small head, big eyes, and straight antennae are some basic features.

Cool!  Thanks for the info.  I was wondering about the small head.

#4 Offline Manitobant - Posted May 28 2022 - 5:44 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
If you have any future IDs, I’d recommend putting them all into a single thread in order to avoid clogging up the forum.
  • FloridaAnts likes this

#5 Offline Tai_pan1 - Posted May 29 2022 - 5:32 AM

Tai_pan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

If you have any future IDs, I’d recommend putting them all into a single thread in order to avoid clogging up the forum.

Sorry, I was posting as I found them and my excitement took over.  I’ll do better in the future.

• FloridaAnts likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users