Hi I am 13 and I have found a queen and want an ID please.
Offline - Posted May 19 2022 - 12:05 PM
2. Date of collection: 5/19/22
3. Habitat of collection:running around on a mulberry tree
4. Length (from head to gaster):1/2 MM
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: black and smooth
6. Distinguishing characteristics: oval-shaped head 2 antenna segments
7. Distinguishing behavior:very skiddish and looking around while twitching
8. Nest description:?
9. Nuptial flight time and date:? 20220519_155614.jpg 246.67KB 1 downloads 20220519_155618.jpg 247.83KB 1 downloads 20220519_155621.jpg 247.96KB 1 downloads 20220519_155839.jpg 232.78KB 1 downloads
Offline - Posted May 19 2022 - 12:06 PM
That's a worker. Not a queen.
- lazyant likes this
Currently kept species
L. neoniger, P. occidentalis, C. modoc, C. novaeboracensis, C. vicinus, T. immigrans, A. occidentalis, P. imparis.
Previously kept species
T. rugatulus, B. depilis.
Myrmecocystus kennedyi, Myrmecocystus pyramicus, Myrmecocystus semirufus, Myrmecocystus testaceus
Pheidole californica, Pheidole creightoni, Pheidole inquilina, Solenopsis molesta, Crematogaster coarctata, Crematogaster mutans
Offline - Posted May 19 2022 - 3:43 PM
Offline - Posted May 19 2022 - 4:14 PM
sadly that is a worker.. nice catch though
Offline - Posted May 19 2022 - 4:16 PM
Offline - Posted May 20 2022 - 5:53 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users