• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
- - - - -

Bugging3out's Eastern Subterranean Termites (Reticulitermes flavipes)

bugging3out termites journals termite journals ants&termites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: What should we do with the pair with wings? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

What should we do with the pair with wings?

1. Take them out and put them in a test tube with wet tissue paper (6 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Let the pair go (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Kill them (WHY THE ----- WOULD YOU PICK THIS) (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Offline Bugging3out - Posted May 1 2022 - 2:37 PM

Bugging3out

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew York

HELLOOOOOO! I am exited to start a journal on my new termite colony! Now before you get exited about me raising the colony from a queen and king, I collected this colony from an already established colony. I have 50 workers, 1 solider, and 4 alataes. 2 have broken of their wings and go everywhere together. I'm assuming that is a pair. (don't JUDGE ME, ​I've been only keeping them for a day). Anyway I'm looking for advice. At the moment they are in a test tube filled halfway with wet tissue paper (apparently cotton doesn't work with them). There are 2 alataes left and to make myself feel better for being so lazy about not catching a king and queen, I will take the 2 alataes out when the colony has eggs. I feel if I take the alataes out it'll make me feel like I've had a pair for a month. About that, i made a poll (see above). I believe that one alatae is male and the other female due to the gaster. So i have 2 pairs in the same colony. One pair with wings and the other without wings. So you have three option to vote. Please vote. 

Thank you. I will have pics when they have eggs.

best, termite Bugging3out 

• United-Ants likes this

peace!  :afro:

#2 Offline lazyant - Posted May 1 2022 - 3:43 PM

lazyant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, CA

Awesome, will follow the journal!

"Loneliness and cheeseburgers are a dangerous mix." -Comic book guy 

#3 Offline unusualfire - Posted September 10 2022 - 11:34 PM

unusualfire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

How are they doing?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bugging3out, termites, journals, termite journals, ants&termites

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users