• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Earliest queens may be out ?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Offline antgallery - Posted March 17 2022 - 3:02 PM

antgallery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationTroy, MO

I've noticed Tapinoma start to widen their nest entrances and I also saw alates peeking their heads out today. They will more than likely be flying this week! Camponotus flights should be starting in the next couple weeks too as long as it stays warm, get ready people!

Problem is we don't know where in the US you live so we don't know where they're flying!  :(

Oh! My bad. I live in Missouri, so if anyone on here lives in Missouri be looking for ants!

#22 Offline Bern - Posted March 27 2022 - 7:59 PM

Bern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSW Idaho, USA

Hi, if you read the original first posting of this thread, it will give a fairly good idea of my location.

If you are looking for more detail, le me know.

#23 Offline BrandonM - Posted April 6 2022 - 7:34 PM

BrandonM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOntario, California
Brachymyrmex patagonicus are flying fairly strong tonight. Males started showing up just after dusk and females started showing up just before 8:30 pm. Saw and caught a single Solenopsis molesta queen last night. Hoping to see other species over the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • TacticalHandleGaming likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users