• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What is the coolest native ant in your region?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Offline NicholasP - Posted February 3 2022 - 1:41 PM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

By no means have I ever seen them before, but according to AntWeb, the most hardcore and elusive ants to find in NoCal would be Neivamyrmex sp. and Stigmatomma pallipes. Total S Class in my opinion, since they're very unique compared to other ants in the region. Polyergus and Strumigenys are also pretty cool. I just based these off on how awesome they look, their lifestyle, and their rarity  :D

Gotta admit that Neivamyrmex are not hard to find if you know where to look.

#22 Offline NicholasP - Posted February 3 2022 - 1:44 PM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

For me in my area in my opinion I think that Atta Mexicana or Camponotus Schaefferi

Edited by NicholasP, February 3 2022 - 1:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users