• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
- - - - -

JCRHJM's Camponotus Aeneopilosus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline JCRHJM - Posted October 13 2021 - 12:20 AM

JCRHJM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Received an Aeneopilosus queen and 2 nanitics today, these have always been a species I have wanted to keep. The queen was missing half a leg but she should be fine, the blue in the water was food colouring according to the seller. They have 1 cocoon, 2 large larvae a few smaller larvae. One thing about these are that they can climb fluon like its not even there, so keeping these guys contained could be challenging once they get up in numbers.

Nontheless, I'm looking forward to keeping these entertaining ants 

Attached Files

• Antkeeper01 and SYUTEO like this

#2 Offline That_one_ant_guy - Posted October 13 2021 - 7:45 AM

That_one_ant_guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationKings County, California
Nice

#3 Offline JCRHJM - Posted Yesterday, 3:36 AM

JCRHJM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

These ants are fast, like REALLY fast, not even my myrmecia nigrocincta can move it like these guys. At any disturbance the nanitics are zooming around and lunging rapidly at the air with their mandibles. So far they haven't taken in any of the mealworm pieces though they might be consuming some of it on the spot. I've got to be strategic how I do maintenance as they could run out at any time they have also sanded up their honey. They have also cut out the mouldy pieces of cotton and dumped it for me to remove which is pretty neat. Still a cocoon and a few larvae so far. Once they reach 5 workers I'm gonna move them into a formicarium to limit the chance of escapes

Edited by JCRHJM, Yesterday, 3:39 AM.

#4 Offline BiiiigChungus - Posted Yesterday, 3:51 AM

BiiiigChungus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

They so cool. I would love to keep these, but sadly they arent selled where i live :/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users