• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Catching Springtails

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted October 12 2021 - 3:21 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

I don't feel like going to the pet store and getting springtails so I was wondering how I could just catch some in my backyard (nuptial flight here has long been over so I'm not doing anything much outside anymore and I need springtails...so why not).

• Antkeeper01 and ColAnt735 like this
Been keeping ants since January of 2021

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

#2 Offline Devi - Posted October 12 2021 - 3:23 PM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

You can probably find some in darker moist spots, like near/under rotting wood or logs or by or under rocks.  Or you could just hit up ANTdrew like I did and he could ship you some for a low price... (if he is still selling them.)  :whistle:

• Antkeeper01 and azzaaazzzz00 like this

#3 Offline ANTdrew - Posted October 12 2021 - 3:26 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Yes, I am still selling them. You can easily find your own under rocks, rotting leaves, or in compost piles. Damp areas will be best, but they’re basically everywhere.
  • Devi, Antkeeper01, Chickalo and 1 other like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users