• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

A cool idea maybe?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline KadinB - Posted August 27 2021 - 6:54 PM

KadinB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

I thought it would be cool if some people could make anting trip journals or something. People can make they're own journals and record trips they do and queens they catch and stuff. Any one wanna try it out? I don't really know where the right place that could be posted in. I love hearing about peoples trips and insane story's of them catching tons of queens or cool things they see.

#2 Offline Max_Connor - Posted August 27 2021 - 8:41 PM

Max_Connor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

There are many small YouTube channels where keepers show the process of catching queens.

There's plenty of videos on some Russian channels where they show you some forest walks where they catch dozens of queens sometimes.

But journals would also be great

• KadinB likes this

#3 Offline JamesJohnson - Posted August 27 2021 - 9:37 PM

JamesJohnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

I thought it would be cool if some people could make anting trip journals or something. People can make they're own journals and record trips they do and queens they catch and stuff. Any one wanna try it out? I don't really know where the right place that could be posted in. I love hearing about peoples trips and insane story's of them catching tons of queens or cool things they see.

A good idea, but perhaps Anting would be a better spot? A lot of the threads there are people seeing what they've seen while anting, so already kind of like a journal, plus this subforum is more for antkeeping than anything else.

• KadinB likes this

#4 Offline ZTYguy - Posted August 27 2021 - 9:47 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

I want to take a trip out to Az next year and witness an Atta flight and record it. If I can’t have any at least I can get a few photos

• KadinB likes this
Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#5 Offline NancyZamora4991 - Posted August 28 2021 - 10:00 PM

NancyZamora4991

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, California

I took a "trip" to my backyard today and I was just admiring this colony

2mdBYGu.mp4

then I saw a peculiar ant come from the hole carrying a larger ant. cdoZQXg.jpg

I took a closer look and it was their queen!!! there queen died! I watched as the worker just dropped her in the middle of the floor

qFaulBQ.jpg

Their Queen died how sad :(  Also what type of species is this cause I have like 5 of these colonies in my backyard

• KadinB likes this

#6 Offline NancyZamora4991 - Posted August 28 2021 - 10:10 PM

NancyZamora4991

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, California

they are very small

• KadinB likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users