• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Pheidole tysoni care?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted July 7 2021 - 4:21 AM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland
I caught five of these on a pool cover. I haven’t really seen much info on them. Anyone with experience with this species? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Edited by AntBoi3030, July 7 2021 - 4:22 AM.

My favorite queens/colony’s:
Pheidole Tysoni, Selonopis Molesta, Brachymyrmex Depilis, Tetramorium Immagrians, Prenolepis Imparis, Pheidole Bicirinata 

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted July 7 2021 - 5:20 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
I imagine they’re really similar to bicarinata, so all they need is lots of heat, lots of protein, and lots of moisture. Did I mention lots of protein?
  • Antkeeper01 and AntBoi3030 like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users