• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

SYUTEO's ant journal

ant journal anochetus lepisiota camponotus monomorium solenopsis paratopula trichomyrmex gnamptogenys

306 replies to this topic

#301 Offline SYUTEO - Posted April 24 2022 - 7:23 PM

SYUTEO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Here's a picture of S. geminata eating a piece of chicken, the ant circled in green is a major (the picture is bad, I know, it's quite hard to get a picture of the majors). Unedited picture available in the gallery.

gallery_6038_2070_78779.jpeg

And here's just some pictures of Anochetus and Cardiocondyla.

gallery_6038_2070_39897.jpeg

gallery_6038_2070_17345.jpeg

And also I'm planning on giving an outworld to Trichomyrmex and Paratopula. I might give Paratopula a more verticle outworld since they're arboreal.

Edit: If you're wondering why it seems like there's very few workers in Cardiocondyla, it's because they are near the entrance of the test tube which is offscreen.

Edited by SYUTEO, April 24 2022 - 7:26 PM.

• T.C. and ANTS_KL like this

Antkeeping since 2018   :)

My current list:

Camponotus parius x1, Camponotus irritans x1, Lepisiota rothneyi x1,  Anochetus sp x1, Monomorium monomorium x1,  Solenopsis geminata x1, Paratopula sp x1, Trichomyrmex cf mayri x1, Anochetus sp2 x1, Gnamptogenys sp (Stictoponera) x1, Camponotus albosparsus x2, Carebara affinis x1

All ant journal: https://www.formicul...os-ant-journal/

Will be cleaning up the ACAF sometime in the future.

#302 Offline SYUTEO - Posted April 29 2022 - 6:48 AM

SYUTEO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Paratopula started eating their brood.

I gave Trichomyrmex an outworld as it's getting harder to feed them, they HATED it and escaped by squeezing between the lid and moved their brood to another test tube that I forgot to clean. Luckily though the queen can't squeeze through (free roaming ant colony?).

My current list:

Camponotus parius x1, Camponotus irritans x1, Lepisiota rothneyi x1,  Anochetus sp x1, Monomorium monomorium x1,  Solenopsis geminata x1, Paratopula sp x1, Trichomyrmex cf mayri x1, Anochetus sp2 x1, Gnamptogenys sp (Stictoponera) x1, Camponotus albosparsus x2, Carebara affinis x1

#303 Offline SYUTEO - Posted May 4 2022 - 6:17 PM

SYUTEO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Two days ago I caught two Camponotus albosparsus colonies! Both have shed their wings and laid one egg, one of the eggs is pink.

• Leptomyrmx likes this

My current list:

#304 Offline SYUTEO - Posted May 9 2022 - 6:04 PM

SYUTEO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

So, the fire ants' test tube and outworld flooded... I quickly moved them to new test tube but since the outworld isn't big enough to fit a second test tube (25mm x 150mm) , I had to use a smaller one (15mm x 126mm).

Three days ago I caught a Carebara affinis alate.

My current list:

#305 Offline SYUTEO - Posted May 16 2022 - 4:16 AM

SYUTEO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

My dad found an O. smaragdina queen! Really hope this one makes it. She currently has a pile of eggs and they should be hatching soon.

So I've been away for two days and S. geminata has some mass die offs... Hope they recover soon.

Both C. albosparsus queens have larvae.

My current list:

#306 Offline SYUTEO - Posted May 21 2022 - 3:02 AM

SYUTEO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Oecophylla has larvae but hasn't started building her silk tent yet.

Gnamptogenys (Stictoponera) has a lot of larvae.

My current list:

#307 Offline SYUTEO - Posted May 22 2022 - 1:15 AM

SYUTEO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Caught an unexpected Tetraponera alate today!

My current list:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ant journal, anochetus, lepisiota, camponotus, monomorium, solenopsis, paratopula, trichomyrmex, gnamptogenys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users