1. Location (on a map) of collection: Moreno Valley, CA
2. Date of collection: Thursday, April 29, 2021 @ 3:36 PM
3. Habitat of collection: Back yard
4. Length (from head to gaster): 7mm to 8mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Orangish head, their gasters are black on top, lighter underside of the gaster (possibly striped)..
6. Distinguishing characteristics: All winged, caught as they were leaving the nest.
7. Distinguishing behavior: Frantic attempts at flight, unsuccessful at the time.
8. Nest description: N/A
9. Nuptial flight time and date: Today, although a few individuals have been seen as early as a week ago.
Note: I have set up a collection jar, and they are falling into it at a regular pace. The last pic is my collection cup after about 20 minutes of collection. I'm thinking about raising them, as food for my Camponotus colonies. So if your answers could include links within formiculture.com for pairing and caring, I would appreciate it. Thank you