• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

GUYS, I FOUND A Gnamptogenys sp. QUEEN! I know they are semi-claustral but this is my first time keeping one, what do I do!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted April 2 2021 - 10:58 PM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
I currently have her in a test tube setup with dirt. Any idea on what to feed her??
Young ant keeper with a decent amount of knowledge on local ant species.

YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ (It's pretty dead. Might upload again soon, don't expect my voice to sound the same though.)

Currently kept ant species, favorites have a star in front of their names (NOT in alphabetical order, also may be outdated sometimes): Camponotus irritans inferior, Ooceraea biroi, Pheidole parva, Nylanderia sp., Paraparatrechina tapinomoides, Platythyrea sp., Anochetus sp., Colobopsis sp. (cylindrica group), Crematogaster ferrarii, Polyrhachis (Myrma) cf. pruinosa, Polyrhachis (Cyrtomyrma) laevissima, Tapinoma sp. (formerly Zatapinoma)

Death count: Probably over a hundred individual queens and colonies by now. I cannot recall whatsoever.

#2 Offline ZTYguy - Posted April 2 2021 - 11:03 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

Well get her in a test tube with an outworld or a tubs and tubes set up. Then you give her food such as but not confined to: cricket (prekilled), mealworm (prekilled), roach (prekilled), honey (diluted with water, my preference), and sugar water. She needs protein and carbohydrates. Pictures would be nice as well.

Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted April 3 2021 - 6:54 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Give her some dirt in her tube and an outworld. These guys need to forage.

#4 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted April 3 2021 - 6:48 PM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
I fed her a mealworm piece but she didn't want it
And she's only 6mm long btw, rlly smoll

YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ (It's pretty dead. Might upload again soon, don't expect my voice to sound the same though.)

Currently kept ant species, favorites have a star in front of their names (NOT in alphabetical order, also may be outdated sometimes): Camponotus irritans inferior, Ooceraea biroi, Pheidole parva, Nylanderia sp., Paraparatrechina tapinomoides, Platythyrea sp., Anochetus sp., Colobopsis sp. (cylindrica group), Crematogaster ferrarii, Polyrhachis (Myrma) cf. pruinosa, Polyrhachis (Cyrtomyrma) laevissima, Tapinoma sp. (formerly Zatapinoma)

Death count: Probably over a hundred individual queens and colonies by now. I cannot recall whatsoever.

#5 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted April 3 2021 - 9:07 PM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
Btw can she eat millipedes?

#6 Offline ZTYguy - Posted April 3 2021 - 9:15 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

If you chop them up.

Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#7 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted April 4 2021 - 1:03 AM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
Kk
So I just make a setup like what I would do for an odontomachus?
So I just make a setup like what I would do for an odontomachus?
Oops double posted
  • ZTYguy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users