• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Jerusalem Cricket Layed Eggs!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline ZTYguy - Posted April 1 2021 - 11:40 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

So a little back story is that I had caught a wild Jerusalem cricket or potato bug to study and document. I had noticed it being dormant for a while and tonight I found both good and bad news. So the cricket was a female and layed eggs successfully so I will be putting a journal up once they hatch and I will hopefully be trying to breed these new babies once they hatch and reach maturity but the sad news is that the female sadly passed. This is though the life of the Jerusalem Cricket. So anyways I will get pictures in the morning once I have found all of the eggs.

Ant Keeping Since June 2018
Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

Hoping to Catch This season:

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users