• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

when to feed a messor queen?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Offline manik - Posted March 20 2021 - 2:59 PM

manik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationNYC

NM i returned it , 

Edited by manik, March 21 2021 - 1:43 PM.

#2 Offline AleeGuy - Posted March 20 2021 - 4:57 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Wait so those etsy sellers are legit? OwO

#3 Offline AleeGuy - Posted March 20 2021 - 5:00 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
By the way they are seed eaters, they don't consume any type of liquid carbohydrates. I would get a bird seed mix from a pet store I guess..
  • MinigunL5 likes this

#4 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted March 20 2021 - 8:58 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

hows everyone doing today? ... today i got a new queen messor barbarous with two workers and what i thought it was a larvae and a pupate,  i was going to feed them some honey just to give them energy but now i see that there is lots of every thing inside the dry cotton, eggs, larvae and pupate, any recommendations? thanks for all the help!   

Importing ants into the United States is very illegal without a permit... I would suggest you destroy the ants.

• B_rad0806 likes this

#5 Offline Lillyrose - Posted March 21 2021 - 4:46 AM

Lillyrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
If you got it in New York from etsy without a permit then the FBI gonna knock on your door.

#6 Offline manik - Posted March 21 2021 - 6:35 AM

manik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationNYC

lol fbi won't do s they have way bigger fish to fry, but i got from someone in Brooklyn which still not ok i just did the rookie of not checking first and when i did it was too late, but i made sure it wasn't shipped, i was told here  and ants Canada forum to always pick it up just in case,  

• MinigunL5 likes this

#7 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted March 21 2021 - 7:53 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

lol fbi won't do s they have way bigger fish to fry, but i got from someone in Brooklyn which still not ok i just did the rookie of not checking first and when i did it was too late, but i made sure it wasn't shipped, i was told here and ants Canada forum to always pick it up just in case,

How do you know the seller got it legally?

Edited by Kaelwizard, March 21 2021 - 7:53 AM.

#8 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted March 21 2021 - 8:38 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee
As long as he wasn't the one importing it, no laws were broken (to my knowledge).

Edited by TennesseeAnts, March 21 2021 - 8:39 AM.

• CheetoLord02 and Swirlysnowflake like this

#9 Offline manik - Posted March 21 2021 - 2:02 PM

manik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationNYC

the guy replaced it for a Camponotus Americana, so that should be good, thanks for the help guys

#10 Offline Lillyrose - Posted March 21 2021 - 3:50 PM

Lillyrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Oh those are some good looking ants

#11 Offline CheetoLord02 - Posted March 21 2021 - 4:30 PM

CheetoLord02

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

For the record here, only the action of transporting ants between state (or international) borders is illegal. Acquiring a colony of any species (even a non-native species) in-state is not illegal. This is why it's totally fine to collect species that were accidentally introduced to greenhouses, or purchase exotics from a local seller. Either way, it's good to hear you got a replacement of a native species, especially a cool one like Camponotus americanus.

• TennesseeAnts and manik like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users