• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Tetramorium immigrans (Lillyrose)

47 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Otrebor707 - Posted April 24 2021 - 5:26 PM

Otrebor707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNampa ID
If you transferring to new test tube. The way I do it . I tape them together with blue tape then cover the new one and set a light on old one . I hope your ants do better. Tetramorium Sp e is my first colony since 2018.
Colonies:
• Tᴇᴛʀᴀᴍᴏʀɪᴜᴍ sᴘ. ᴇ - Casita by THA Jᴜʟʏ 2018
• Pʀᴇɴᴏʟᴇᴘɪs Iᴍᴘᴀʀɪs -Test Tube April 2021

#42 Offline Otrebor707 - Posted April 24 2021 - 5:28 PM

Otrebor707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNampa ID

If you transferring to new test tube. The way I do it . I tape them together with blue tape then cover the new one and set a light on old one . I hope your ants do better. Tetramorium Sp e is my first colony since 2018.

by doing this you let ants to move what’s healthy and leave behind the bad stuff
Colonies:

#43 Offline Lillyrose - Posted April 24 2021 - 5:36 PM

Lillyrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

That's a good way but they would lose access to their outworld and feeders ..and I can't fit two tubes in the box together.... with all the water and being happy in the tube I don't think they'd have moved on their own.

But that's a great way if you have the time and resources.

Do you have a journal on your colony? I'd love to read more about your girls.

#44 Offline Otrebor707 - Posted April 24 2021 - 5:47 PM

Otrebor707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNampa ID

That's a good way but they would lose access to their outworld and feeders ..and I can't fit two tubes in the box together.... with all the water and being happy in the tube I don't think they'd have moved on their own.
:( no I didn’t make one :( . I was so excited when I got my first Queen * Tetras sp e * from this forum that I disappeared for almost 3 years . I moved them to a formicarium from THA “Casita” one day I was moving them and the formicarium fell to the ground *screaming internally * luckily only one glass broke and again luckily was the dump side area * empty* I used a glass from a pic frame temporary. The. Order a replacement for $3dlls from THA . We been living in peace since then . No more accidents .
Colonies:

#45 Offline Otrebor707 - Posted April 24 2021 - 5:54 PM

Otrebor707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNampa ID
https://imgur.com/gallery/LhPjOHb
Colonies:

#46 Offline Lillyrose - Posted April 24 2021 - 6:55 PM

Lillyrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

:( no I didn’t make one :( . I was so excited when I got my first Queen * Tetras sp e * from this forum that I disappeared for almost 3 years . I moved them to a formicarium from THA “Casita” one day I was moving them and the formicarium fell to the ground *screaming internally * luckily only one glass broke and again luckily was the dump side area * empty* I used a glass from a pic frame temporary. The. Order a replacement for $3dlls from THA . We been living in peace since then . No more accidents .

Never too late to start one!
I like your video
  • Otrebor707, Antkeeper01 and TacticalHandleGaming like this

#47 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted April 25 2021 - 5:28 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Tetramorium sp. E are referred to as T. immigrans.
  • Otrebor707 likes this

#48 Offline Lillyrose - Posted April 26 2021 - 3:21 PM

Lillyrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Attached File  20210426_133057.jpg   120.22KB   0 downloads

Sadly we lost some workers. They just kinda fell over and died .. I guess stress.

Happily the queen is a fricken beast egg laying machine. Geeze
  • Otrebor707 and TacticalHandleGaming like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users