• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Strick's Pogonomyrmex Journal

pogonomyrmex harvesters

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Guest_StrickyAnts_* - Posted March 12 2021 - 11:21 AM

Guest_StrickyAnts_*
  • Guests

I currently have pogonomyrmex subnitidus, pogonomyrmex rugosus, and pogonomyrmex subdentatus. Rugosus has 10 workers, Subdents have 1-5 workers per queen. Subnits have 100-120 workers. I'll be getting subdent pictures later today.PXL_20201220_195750279.jpg?width=472&heiPXL_20210119_184812254.jpg?width=472&hei

• Somethinghmm, Swirlysnowflake and tdlnx like this

#2 Offline tdlnx - Posted March 12 2021 - 3:58 PM

tdlnx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationIndiana

I love seeing colonies with a large number of workers. I hope one day my tiny formica subsericea colony will be as successful.

#3 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted March 14 2021 - 11:33 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Cool! I love Pogonomyrmex

My YouTube channel :)

#4 Offline gs5248 - Posted March 14 2021 - 11:54 AM

gs5248

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationSacramento California

Nice!  :)

#5 Offline NoveltyAntsYT - Posted March 21 2021 - 9:00 PM

NoveltyAntsYT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

wow nice colony, interested what you have been feeding ur Subnitidus, have my own colony and they are doing well but I can't seem to find a great food. Tried dandelion seeds but they are not interested. Any help? Also this probably won't help but my Subnitidus love wet dog food so you might want to try that out. thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pogonomyrmex, harvesters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users