• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Possible Interviews?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline cap_backfire - Posted February 5 2021 - 7:07 AM

cap_backfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMunster, IN

If this isn't the place for this, obviously delete or move the post BUT... 

I will be starting up a website for weekly interviews/ 30 minute live chat with folks who are knowledgable about their niche hobbies.   Not QUITE experts but serious hobbyists.  If we can GET some experts to interview that would be awesome.   

What I am asking for here is if anyone would be interested in participating in such an endeavor and be interviewed via Twitch.   Obviously if any of the hobbyists have a business this could lead to some fair exposure (hopefully get more than 5 followers).   The videos will be archived and linked to multiple facebook pages and message boards like this one.   We're looking for 30 minutes and MOST questions asked will be sent to the interviewee a week ahead of time.   

So far this project will start in March and run weekly on Tuesday nights.   SO... If anyone here is interested (even if you're not a serious hobbyist-I'll check out y our account prior to an invite but...Still.   I am no expert in any of my fields of interest but would LOVE to talk with at least one person who deals with ants and formicaria.   

Again, if this isn't appropriate to post here, feel free to delete or move, I'm a little bit new to the group.   OK, super new to the group.... You can shoot me a PM or an email at Joshuawinterfeldt@gmail.com if you are interested.   Is it DM now?   I'm so old.   

Thanks in advance and huge respect to this board which has been SO helpful and positive.   

Josh Winterfeldt

• AnthonyP163, FeedTheAnts, YsTheAnt and 4 others like this

#2 Offline cap_backfire - Posted February 13 2021 - 10:37 AM

cap_backfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMunster, IN

I was floored by the response for interviews.  You guys are a great community and I plan to update with you on a regular basis.   As it stands the interviews will be live-streamed on the YouTubes and with permission from admins I will post the link to those interviews when they occur-especially the ant-related ones.  

• Enderz and TestSubjectOne like this

#3 Offline cap_backfire - Posted February 14 2021 - 2:46 AM

cap_backfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMunster, IN

So we'll be starting with our "pilot" episode on February 23rd, for those who are interested.   In our pilot, my co-host (and possibly producer) will be interviewing each other in a live stream.  We intend to work out any kinks we find for when we have an actual guest.   Not entirely sure what all the questions will be yet (we're going to kind of "wing it" for this episode) but I'm sure it will be interesting, at least for me.   That's what counts, right?   https://www.youtube....BEEnblcswudWpSQso there's the link and the channel name is "Isobuddies."  There are already some REALLY ametuer unboxing videos but I thought they were fun.   

Anyway, every Tuesday night at 9pm Central we'll be doing one of these livestreams for everyone who cares about that stuff's enjoyment.   Not sure if you know who some of these people are but we have Peter from Bugsincyberspace.com lined up, Wally Kern from Supreme Gecko/ Isopod, Rus Wilson from Aquarimax... those are out big names but we also have some ant people lined up-Nate from My-Antics.com, a few of the members here who can name themselves if they choose, and Thomas from Ant Shack.   Oh and Dmytri Dim who makes those rad wooden formicaria that are literally works of art.   

So yeah, check us out, we might have something interesting for you!  

• TennesseeAnts and TestSubjectOne like this

#4 Offline dspdrew - Posted February 14 2021 - 6:40 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

You can post all the links you want. Sounds like they will be interesting.

• TennesseeAnts likes this

#5 Offline cap_backfire - Posted February 16 2021 - 11:15 AM

cap_backfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMunster, IN

Thank you so much!   Hoping they're at least interesting!   We start on the 23rd, just myself and my co-host.   March 2nd is the first official interview going over bioactivity for terrestrial and aquatic setups.   Thanks again DSPDREW, that means a lot to me.   I'll post them in the General "Off Topic" chat.  

#6 Offline antsandmore - Posted February 16 2021 - 11:37 AM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Thank you so much!   Hoping they're at least interesting!   We start on the 23rd, just myself and my co-host.   March 2nd is the first official interview going over bioactivity for terrestrial and aquatic setups.   Thanks again DSPDREW, that means a lot to me.   I'll post them in the General "Off Topic" chat.  

That's great! I was hoping to learn a little about these types of setups! do good!

• cap_backfire likes this

Ants I am keeping:

none for now, planning on being more active this year

#7 Offline cap_backfire - Posted February 17 2021 - 10:23 AM

cap_backfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMunster, IN

antsandmore, I'll do the very best I can.   We're also planning some kind of virtual convention for isopod keepers and microfauna so I'll keep this group posted as well..  Could be interesting as well, and in between speakers we plan to try and do some fun things.   Get some door prizes, etc.   MIGHT be biting off more than I can chew, but I have great support so we'll see.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users