• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Veromessor! (out of stock) (California)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Offline AntsDakota - Posted December 19 2020 - 3:59 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

I couldn't care less what came with the ants as long as it doesn't cost anything extra. I mean, I'm not under the obligation to use any extras that come with it. But still, I second no anime.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#22 Offline Guest_StrickyAnts_* - Posted December 19 2020 - 8:43 PM

Guest_StrickyAnts_*
  • Guests

I couldn't care less what came with the ants as long as it doesn't cost anything extra. I mean, I'm not under the obligation to use any extras that come with it. But still, I second no anime.

Agreed. 

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#23 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted December 19 2020 - 9:09 PM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (SoCal)

There is no rule against anime, I don't see why he can't do this. It's a perfectly good advertising strategy, and it also draws the attention of fellow weebs. If you don't like it, don't click in. 

• TennesseeAnts, CheetoLord02, Somethinghmm and 4 others like this

#24 Offline M_Ants - Posted December 19 2020 - 9:30 PM

M_Ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationSan Diego CA

Of course there's nothing wrong with it. I am just anti-anime (kinda joking) kinda not.  :)  Also I was tricked because I didn't know I'd see anime until I clicked. The title should say "Warning Anime Present In This Post"  :D

• Antkeeper01 and Ecan like this

Veromessor pergandei

Veromessor andrei

Crematogaster sp. 

Pogonomyrmex cf cali and rugosus

Various Pheidole

C. yogi 

https://www.youtube....FG7utFVBA/about

#25 Offline ZTYguy - Posted December 19 2020 - 11:57 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

I second this, I watch anime just I don’t show anyone or tell anyone I do.

Welp, now the entire forum knows, good job me.

Ant Keeping Since June 2018
Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

Hoping to Catch This season:

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

#26 Offline ANTdrew - Posted December 20 2020 - 5:45 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
I don’t get this thread, but to each his own. Cut the OP some slack. We all have a hobby that most people think is stupid, disgusting, or worse. Why judge someone for another hobby?

Edited by ANTdrew, December 20 2020 - 5:46 AM.

• TennesseeAnts, Somethinghmm and Nanahira like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#27 Offline AleeGuy - Posted December 20 2020 - 3:40 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

I don’t get this thread, but to each his own. Cut the OP some slack. We all have a hobby that most people think is stupid, disgusting, or worse. Why judge someone for another hobby?

Nothing against(offensive) lol. Just don't want this website become a website for an absolutely different hobby(it will just get mixed up and be a mess) :lol:

• Ants_Dakota and Antkeeper01 like this

#28 Offline DDD101DDD - Posted December 20 2020 - 3:45 PM

DDD101DDD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationNew York

Nothing against(offensive) lol. Just don't want this website become a website for an absolutely different hobby(it will just get mixed up and be a mess) :lol:

It's still relevant to ants.

• Nanahira likes this

He travels, he seeks the p a r m e s a n.

#29 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted December 20 2020 - 5:41 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

i mean, it is not relevant to ants. it works as long as they are actually into ant keeping, but this forum should NOT become a place to just sell things not related to ants. it is a ant forum, after all.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#30 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted December 21 2020 - 10:46 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

i mean, it is not relevant to ants. it works as long as they are actually into ant keeping, but this forum should NOT become a place to just sell things not related to ants. it is a ant forum, after all.
But they are selling ants just giving a free mousepad with it. I don’t see a problem. It’s an advertising tactic.
  • Nanahira and Ants_Dakota like this

#31 Offline Nanahira - Posted December 21 2020 - 4:58 PM

Nanahira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

yes, there's a colony for sale which is totally not related to ants whatsoever!!!! I have absolutely no idea why some of the Antsdakota server staff and owners has to come here and state their lovely matching opinions.
~thanks though!~ :)

Edited by Nanahira, December 22 2020 - 12:20 PM.

• Somethinghmm likes this

The Ant Colony | The r/Ants discord server - https://discord.gg/c7qCmfYqYZ

#32 Offline Devi - Posted December 21 2020 - 5:41 PM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

yes, there's a colony for sale which is totally not related to ants whatsoever!!!! I have absolutely no idea why all the Antsdakota server staff and owners has to come here and state their lovely matching opinions.
    ~thanks though!~   :)

Hey, I didn't say anything!
  • Nanahira and Ants_Dakota like this

#33 Offline AleeGuy - Posted December 21 2020 - 5:59 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

yes, there's a colony for sale which is totally not related to ants whatsoever!!!! I have absolutely no idea why some of the Antsdakota server staff and owners has to come here and state their lovely matching opinions.

I don't know why, I was just reading the posts and decided to say something here, just a coincidence probably lul)
  • Nanahira likes this

#34 Offline M_Ants - Posted December 21 2020 - 7:09 PM

M_Ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationSan Diego CA

For the record I was joking.

Veromessor pergandei

Veromessor andrei

Crematogaster sp. 

Pogonomyrmex cf cali and rugosus

Various Pheidole

C. yogi 

https://www.youtube....FG7utFVBA/about

#35 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted December 22 2020 - 6:12 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

alright, if you wish, i can say nothing. 

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#36 Offline AntsDakota - Posted December 22 2020 - 7:23 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Uhh, no matching opinions here. I may not like anime, but have I ever denied this thread is related to ants? Ants_Dakota should have read the first post and obviously jumped to conclusions ignorantly. While apparently Ants_Dakota wants this thread taken down, I am content to make the point that I don’t like anime.

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#37 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted December 22 2020 - 7:26 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Uhh, no matching opinions here. I may not like anime, but have I ever denied this thread is related to ants? Ants_Dakota should have read the first post and obviously jumped to conclusions ignorantly. While apparently Ants_Dakota wants this thread taken down, I am content to make the point that I don’t like anime.

i never said i wanted the thread taken down. i just want to keep formiculture solely about ants. that is what it was created to be. as long as they are really selling ants, i guess it works.

Edited by Ants_Dakota, December 22 2020 - 7:27 AM.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#38 Offline AntsDakota - Posted December 22 2020 - 7:27 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
Also why on earth would you, Nanahira, rejoin our discord if you have such a prejudice against us???

Edited by AntsDakota, December 22 2020 - 7:27 AM.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#39 Offline AntsDakota - Posted December 22 2020 - 7:29 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

i never said i wanted the thread taken down. i just want to keep formiculture solely about ants. that is what it was created to be. as long as they are really selling ants, i guess it works.
You stated that you wanted to keep this forum solely about ants. This implies that anything that isn’t solely about ants should be avoided. And I meant before you noticed that this was indeed an ant shop.

Edited by AntsDakota, December 22 2020 - 7:30 AM.

#40 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted December 22 2020 - 7:33 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

i wash my hands of this. if anyone wants to send you free stuff with your ants, let them.

• Nanahira and Swirlysnowflake like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users