• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

random invert journal~

64 replies to this topic

#61 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted May 17 2021 - 1:33 PM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

I saw another queen bumblebee outside but by the time I wrangled my birbs into a room and locked the door, she was long gone  :dash:

My YouTube channel :)

#62 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted May 17 2021 - 1:43 PM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

I’ve seen 6 queens this year and e v e r y s i n g l e t i m e I was unable to catch them. But every time I see a worker and mistake it for a queen, I catch it no problem.

My YouTube channel :)

#63 Offline ANTdrew - Posted May 17 2021 - 1:44 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,591 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Just be thankful you’ll have new colonies founded near you. Make sure your yard has good foraging plants that bloom throughout the season. Overseeding your lawn with clover seeds is an easy hack. Where there is clover, there is hope for bees.
  • Swirlysnowflake likes this

"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25  

Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#64 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted Today, 1:43 AM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Just be thankful you’ll have new colonies founded near you. Make sure your yard has good foraging plants that bloom throughout the season. Overseeding your lawn with clover seeds is an easy hack. Where there is clover, there is hope for bees.

I just read this fully and I have a question. Why clovers? I thought they were a type of non flowering weed ;-;

Ants epic :D
YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ

My current ants: Nylanderia cf. kraepelini, Pheidole parva, Odontomachus simillimus, Tetramorium sp., Colobopsis vitrea, Pseudolasius streesemani, Camponotus parius

Death count: idk there's too many that I've lost :(

#65 Offline SYUTEO - Posted Today, 5:59 AM

SYUTEO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

I just read this fully and I have a question. Why clovers? I thought they were a type of non flowering weed ;-;

Probably because they mean luck.

Antkeeping since 2018   :)

My current list:

Camponotus parius x1, Camponotus irritans x1, Meranoplus bicolor x1, Lepisiota rothneyi x1,  Anochetus sp x1, Monomorium monomorium x1, Tetramorium cf lanuginosum x1, Odontomachus simillimus x1, Iridomyrmex anceps x1, Crematogaster sp x1, Solenopsis geminata x2, Paratopula sp x1, Trichomyrmex destructor x1

All ant journal: https://www.formicul...os-ant-journal/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users