• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

If you could keep any ant, what would it be?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Offline TheIndianMafia - Posted November 2 2020 - 1:45 PM

TheIndianMafia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

For me, its a six way tie between Pheidole Noda, Harpegnathos Venator, Carebara Diversa, Dinomyrmex Gigas, Pseudoneoponera Rufipes, and Tetraponera Rufonigra.

I personally find these ants very interesting, and in my opinion look really abstract and cool.

• Swirlysnowflake likes this

#22 Offline MinigunL5 - Posted November 2 2020 - 4:25 PM

MinigunL5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Location(Near) Worcester, MA

Myrmecia species are my favorites. From the US I'd say Myrmecocystus mexicanus. Pheidole vorax are also cool.

• Swirlysnowflake likes this

#23 Offline AntaholicAnonymous - Posted November 25 2020 - 10:57 AM

AntaholicAnonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAustria
One species I can and will keep is lasius niger. I had them before but had to get rid of them because I couldn't handle their numbers. Things have changed and now I can make a huge natural setup to let them grow as big as they'll get.

#24 Offline SoySauce - Posted November 25 2020 - 10:59 AM

SoySauce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationSanta Monica, CA
camponotus gigas!!!

#25 Offline AntaholicAnonymous - Posted November 25 2020 - 11:01 AM

AntaholicAnonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAustria
If I was filthy rich I'd make a setup as big as a small house and keep many different species devided by a indoor waterfall and river network that they can't cross. That's pretty much my only fantasy in terms of having a lot of money just making crazy setups
  • TennesseeAnts and Swirlysnowflake like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users