• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Moving lasius parasitic colony

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Jonny8040 - Posted August 4 2020 - 4:50 PM

Jonny8040

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationVirginia
Hey guys,
The Lord blessed me to successfully introduce a parasitic queen to workers and she’s laying lots of eggs! This isn’t an urgent matter because they are fine right now, but how would you suggest moving this colony out of this formicarium? It can come out of the container but I’m afraid I’ll smash eggs. Any input is greatly appreciated.

In Jesus,
Jonny

Attached Images

• C466E050-ED04-4830-BBD1-1CB8C37EFD28.jpeg
  • 00D1086E-7EF7-4F0F-8F54-C96967270910.jpeg

In Jesus,
Jonny

#2 Offline BlueLance213 - Posted August 4 2020 - 4:56 PM

BlueLance213

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

If you weren't against it you could drill a hole in the lid and connect it via piping, assuming they can climb vertical/horizontal.

Better yet you might be able to actually connect a pipe into the hole itself, have it sitting upside down and using light to try and convince em to go down the piping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users