1. Location (on a map) of collection: Madera Canyon, Coronado National Forest, Santa Rita Mountains, AZ
2. Date of collection: 7/18/20
3. Habitat of collection: blacklighting with LED and fluorescent
4. Length (from head to gaster): 11-12 mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: dark brown head, gold thorax, forward abdomen gold and last 3-4 segments of abdomen brown
6. Distinguishing characteristics: I am thinking Camponotus but don't know which
7. Distinguishing behavior: I think I caught them too early in the evening (8:30-9:00pm) because they appear to be unmated. No dropped wings and actively trying to escape tubes.
8. Nest description: unknown
9. Nuptial flight time and date: 7/18/20
Anyone near Tucson want to go anting?