• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

rcbuggy88's Camponotus modoc Journal (Updated 6/29/20)

camponotus ants queen carpenter modoc rcbuggy88 journal eggs ant amazing best cool

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline rcbuggy88 - Posted June 9 2020 - 2:59 PM

rcbuggy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

6/9/20

This is the start of my Camponotus modoc journal. I have received 2 queens from jeffpbalderston a couple days ago. 1 has layed 4 elongated white eggs and the other is just chewing at the cotton ball. Very pretty and large, probably my favorite of the species I am keeping.

6/9/20 Photos

The photos are taken using a new setup (extension tubes on a dslr) so might be a tad blurry.

Attached Images

• _MG_1169.JPG
  • _MG_1170.JPG

Edited by rcbuggy88, June 29 2020 - 5:10 PM.

My Shop     :D  :iamsohappy:  :dance3:  :yahoo:

Currently Keeping: Camponotus clarithorax, Camponotus hyatti, Tetramorium immigransNylanderia vividula, Liometopum occidentaleCamponotus modoc, Zootermopsis sp.

Wanted: Acromyrmex versicolor, Myrmecocystus sp., Camponotus us-ca02 (vibrant red not dull orange), Prenolepis imparis, Anything else I don't have lol...

Kept Before: Solenopsis molesta, Prenolepis imparis (still got one, but infertile)

#2 Offline rcbuggy88 - Posted June 26 2020 - 3:22 PM

rcbuggy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

6/26/20

A while back, the queen ate here eggs and proceeded to act like an infertile queen nonstop chewing on the cotton. This morning I moved her to a higher heat spot (75F to 83F) and she layed an egg. The other still hasn't done anything. Nothing has changed picture wise so basically no pictures until I get pupae unless someone requests them.

Edited by rcbuggy88, June 26 2020 - 3:22 PM.

Currently Keeping: Camponotus clarithorax, Camponotus hyatti, Tetramorium immigransNylanderia vividula, Liometopum occidentaleCamponotus modoc, Zootermopsis sp.

Wanted: Acromyrmex versicolor, Myrmecocystus sp., Camponotus us-ca02 (vibrant red not dull orange), Prenolepis imparis, Anything else I don't have lol...

Kept Before: Solenopsis molesta, Prenolepis imparis (still got one, but infertile)

#3 Offline rcbuggy88 - Posted June 29 2020 - 5:09 PM

rcbuggy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

6/29/20

Egg laying queen now has 6 eggs, infertile queen has a flattened starving-looking gaster. Again, nothing really much new except that warmer temperatures relaxed the queen and convinced her to start laying again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camponotus, ants, queen, carpenter, modoc, rcbuggy88, journal, eggs, ant, amazing, best, cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users