So I recently introduced my Lasius Aphidicola queen to some lasius workers. The thing is, I'm not 100% sure if they're Lasius. I got an ant from the same colony IDed as a lasius. But these ants are just in the test tube not interacting with the queen. They arent even fighting. So I just want a little confirmation since I'm not the most experienced ant keeper.
1. Location (on a map) of collection: Near Worcester MA
2. Date of collection: Yesterday May 22nd
3. Habitat of collection: From ant hills
4. Length (from head to gaster): 2 mm to 4.5 mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: They are a dark brown
6. Distinguishing characteristics: N/A
7. Distinguishing behavior: N/A
8. Nest description: Ant hill that had tunnels that probably extended over a foot underground.
9. Nuptial flight time and date: N/A