• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Do Prenolepis imparis have multiple nuptial flights?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Offline TheMicroPlanet - Posted April 8 2020 - 5:50 AM

TheMicroPlanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationNew York, United States

On a sort of related topic, what temperature do female Prenolepis Imparis fly at? I have found all sorts of mixed answers ranging from mid 60s to mid 70s and I want a reliable range of temperature to know when to go out looking. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 68° and I'm really hoping for some to fly.

you're not going to find any queens tomorrow. mid to upper 70's is what you're going for.

It wasn't in the 70s at all when I found mine. I think it was in the mid-high 60s that day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users